Monday, January 12, 2009

Thursday 08/01/09: Work. I realised how blessed i am that i've a job. God's grace! Because of the economic recession, a lot of my friends are finding it difficult to get a job. Send out their resumes but no replies. Or the pay of the job is bad. It's great that i got a job so quickly, as early as last December, so i need not worry about being jobless and having no money to spend. After work, i borrowed my work place's bike and cycled to St Wilfred's Sports Complex to play soccer with my dad and his friends. They always played together for at least once per week. Played the mini field soccer. There were a lot of people. 4 teams of 6 in total. So we had to run for the ball with all our might when we play, so that we will not be kicked out so quickly and have to wait very long for our turn again. I realised that my fitness is gone, having not trained for a month. I felt very tired after sprinting for just a few minutes. But it was quite fun playing with my dad's friends. Quite competitive sia. It wasn't the first time i joined them though.
Friday 09/01/09: Work. I recommended one of my church friend, Kang Li from MJC, to work at WWS. Because she desperately needed a job. And since she's my sister in Christ and my future caregroup friend, i thought that it's right to serve God's child. Anyway for the Asian Water Symposium WWS is organising, the student committee head quited so they will definitely need help. After work, went for caregroup at Li Yin's house, my second last caregroup meeting with my current VJC caregroup people.
Saturday 10/01/09: Church. Then went to shop with Han Wei and his friends at Plaza Singapura. Bought some small gifts for my caregroup friends as farewell gifts. :)
Sunday 11/01/09: Went to shop again, for chinese new year clothings. Went to a G2K and topshop warehouse at a place called Wing Tai at Hougang with Han Wei. The range of clothings was extremely limited but i bought 2 working long sleeve shirts for 13 dollars each. Quite a bargain, because actual price was 33 dollars and even for the discount at J8, it's still 23 dollars! Used my ATM card to pay for all my clothes as well as Han Wei's ones, because he didn't have his ATM card yet. Bought a work belt (for future interview, otherwise i will end up using my red VJC belt again) and a long pants too. Bought a long pants and long sleeve t-shirt a few weeks ago too so yay finished chinese new year shopping.
Monday 12/01/09: Midnight till 2am, watched Man Utd vs Chelsea. Man Utd totally thrashed Chelsea 3-0, Vidic/Rooney/Berbatov. Classy display of a champion! Went to Spring Singapore at Bukit Merah to set up a booth for WWS. It was mainly to get to know people there. Because they are mainly people who are eager to start their own business and getting their partnership with WWS will probably get us some extra sponsorship or something. But for most of the day, 10am-3pm, there wasn't much people, so we just sat and talked and ate. Most of the time, the boss did the talking when there's businessmen coming along, so we just had to mend the booth.

1 comment:

CHERYL SONG said...

hahahas, helo! Yea, its really lucky tat u managed to find such a good job! i cant believe tat ur boss actually pays for ur lunch!