Monday, December 8, 2008

Farewell to a great friend

Today, around noon, i went to send off Joseph at the airport. He will be going back to Malaysia, first for a camp then back home before his school term at Australia International School starts in February. He applied through his Prelims results so he wouldn't need to come back to Singapore for his A levels results. He will be studying environmental engineering, same as me.
I was the only VJC person there sending him off. Didn't ask the rest because i thought they might be training. But it was public holiday, i forgot. The rest of the people were all his church friends. Even though i didn't know all of them, i didn't feel awkward either because they were very friendly. My fellow God believers. A sense of unity in heart! :) We took photos, prayed for Joseph before he left. It was quite emotional. Joseph shed some tears. So it's good bye..
Joseph has been a great friend to me. We know each other first through track. He took the same events as me, long and triple jump. We are both in Earthwatch too. So many similar things between us lol. And some of our track juniors mix our names up at times. Funny, they say we look alike. I'm really very grateful to him. During the track season, he will always push me on when trainings are tough and tiring. Similarly, i'll push him on. Even though we are less built compared to the rest of the athletes, both of us were able to achieve great things at the end of our track career. He has been a great motivation to me.
This good friend of mine, Joseph, is the main reason why i became a Christain and committed to God. When i'm struggling with injuries, he constantly offered to pray for me so that i will fulfill my dream to achieve something from years of track and field training. He has led me to believe in God's power because i managed to push on despite back pain on the competition day. His prayer must have worked wonders.
So i say farewell to one of my best friend ever. It may be the last time i'll get to see him. I'll wish him all the best and have an exciting life journey ahead. Hope that he will be a great environmental engineer. Maybe one day when i'm working as a fellow environmental engineer, i'll get to work with him. :)

No comments: